Direct Download Universal USB Installer126.96.36.199:
Universal-USB-Installer-188.8.131.52.exe – October 17, 2013 – Changes
Added Ubuntu, Edubuntu, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, and Xubuntu 13.10
Universal-USB-Installer-184.108.40.206.exe – January 19, 2011 – Changes
Combined 32/64 bit Menu entries where possible to reduce clutter.
01/18/11 – Version 220.127.116.11: Fixed Puppy 4.3.1 Entry, Browse now opens to the directory the tool is run from.
01/17/11 – Version 18.104.22.168: Added Panda Safe CD "Standalone Antivirus Scanner".
IMORTANT NOTE: Ensure that your USB drive is fat16/fat32 formatted, otherwise Syslinux WILL fail and your drive WILL NOT Boot.
USB Flash Drive Creation Prerequisites:
- Windows XP/Vista/7 to create the USB (Win 98/2K WILL NOT Work!)
- Fat32 Formatted Flash Drive
- PC with a BIOS that can boot from USB
- Your Favorite Linux ISO
Currently USB Installable Live Linux Distributions
Click to see the list of installable distributions
- NEW Panda SafeDisk CD – Site
- BlackBuntu – Site
- KNOPPIX V 6.4 – Site
- Pinguy OS – Site
- Macbuntu-iso – Site
- Linux XP Like 10.10 – Site
- Ultimate Edition LITE – Site
- Linux Mint 10 – Site
- Finnix Linux – Site
- MCNLive – Site
- Sabayon Linux – Site
- Ubuntu 10.04.1/10.10 Desktop i386/amd64 – Site
- Kubuntu 10.04.1/10.10 Desktop i386/amd64 – Site
- Xubuntu 10.04/10.10 Desktop i386/amd64 – Site
- Lubuntu 10.04/10.10 Site
- Ubuntu NetBook Remix 10.04/10.10 – Site
- Ubuntu Rescue Remix – Site
- Ubuntu Server 10.04/10.10 32bit/64bit Installer – Site
- Ubuntu Mini Remix 10.04 – Site
- Sugar on a Stick – Site
- Arch Linux – Site
- XBMC – Site
- ZenWalk Live – Site
- PCLinuxOS MiniMe – Site
- TinyCore 3 – Site
- CentOS 5 – Site
- Fedora 14 – Site
- Redo Backup and Recovery 0.9.5 – Site
- Runt Linux 5.0 – Site
- Feather Linux 0.7.5 – Site
- Debian Live – Site
- Peppermint Linux OS – Site
- GParted – Site
- PartedMagic – Site
- EasyPeasy 1.6 (NetBook Distro) – Site
- DBAN 2.2.6 (Hard Disk Nuker) – Site
- RIP Linux – Site
- Dr.Web Live CD Scanner – Site
- Lucid Puppy – Site
- BackTrack 3 and 4 – Site
- YlmF OS V3.0 – Site
- Linux Mint – Site
- Crunchbang – Site
- gOS 3.1 gadgets – Site
- Ultimate Boot CD – Site
- Gentoo 10.1 – Site
- xPUD 0.9.2 – Site
- Simply MEPIS 8.0.15 – Site
- EEEBuntu 3.0 (Netbook Distro) – Site
- DSL (Damn Small Linux) 4.4.9 – Site
- Puppy Linux – Site
- Puppy Arcade 8 (Console Game Emulator) – Site
- Kiwi Linux 9.04 – Site
- SLAX 6.1.2 – Site
- SliTaZ – Site
- Ophcrack XP – Site
- Clonezilla – Site
- Jolicloud (NetBook Distro) – Site
- Dynebolic 2.5.2 DHORUBA – Site
- PLoP Linux 4.0.5 (a minimalist Linux Rescue System) – Site
- System Rescue CD 1.5.4 (another Linux Rescue System) – Site
More Live Linux Distributions will be added as time permits. Feel free to contact me to submit recommendations.
A Linux based method is planned for those who prefer not to use Windows. For now, visit the "How to install Linux from a Linux CD" section for Live CD based USB Linux installation tutorials, or use another Linux USB Creator.
IMPORTANT: When browsing for an ISO, UUI will only display ISO Files that match exactly what the tool is asking for. For example, if you chose to install Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop i386, you should not expect the tool to display your ubuntu-10.10-netbook-i386.iso as you have not chosen to install the netbook variant.
Auto Detection: If you run Universal USB Installer from the same directory containing an installable ISO, the script should Auto Detect the ISO and bypass step 2.
This tool does not support installing and booting from multiple Linux Distributions. Only One Distribution can be installed at any given point in time. However, we do offer a MultibootISOs USB Creator for this purpose.
To try an unlisted ISO, for example "Ubuntu 9.10", use one of the the last two options in Step 1, "Try Unlisted Linux ISO". Please inform me of unlisted "Linux ISOs" you get to work via these options!